The Information Brochure is available on the website of the Programme as well as the website of Tata Institute of Social Sciences, www.tiss.edu
The candidates are required to submit their application ONLINE only.
- Application Process starts from 23rd January, 2019.
- The last date for bursary application 31st March, 2019 23:59 IST (GMT +5.30 Hrs).
- Last date for Cohort XIII applications are extended to 15th May, 2019 23:59 IST (GMT +5.30 Hrs).
- Cohort XIII commencement 20th May, 2019.
ApplicantsWe expect the following documents to be attached with the form to consider the application for scrutiny and further process:
- SOP (Check Guidelines for SOP)
- Recent reference letters* (Check guidelines for Reference letters)
- Highest Degree/ Certificate** attained
- IFRC/RCRC/ICRC affiliation (only for candidates related with IFRC/RCRC/ICRC)
- Bursary Justification (Mandatory for Bursary candidates)
- Financial/Income Certificate(Mandatory for Bursary candidates)
* If you are applying for Bursary/Scholarship, your references letters should support your bursary requirements.
** In case of the applicants who do not hold a graduate degree and have done any Diploma course, or Certificate course and Disaster Management related training can submit relevant documents.
Transcript of the highest degree or certificate completed to be attached in the form. A transcript is a mark sheet/grade sheet issued by the institute where the applicant has attained his/her graduate degree from, describing the marks/grades obtained. In case this mark sheet/grade sheet is in a language other than English, it needs to be translated and validated by the competent authority of the same institute.
Financial Certificate/Income Certificate/Income Statement/ Statement of income/ Annual Income is required to ensure that the bursary is granted to the most deserving candidate. We would also accept an official letter signed by the appropriate authority in organisation where the applicant is currently employed. The letter should specify the annual income of the applicant for the preceding financial year. If the applicant is not employed then income statement of guardian/ benefactor will be accepted.
Applicants are expected to:-
- Check emails for all important communications and announcements.
- Check the programme's website http:// ifrc.tiss.edu for results/important announcements
Guidelines for SOP
Your statement of purpose should include:
- Details of your relevant professional and educational background, including your personal objectives and plans for the future
- Reasons for your interest in disaster management
- How your participation will benefit you, your institution/organization and the course.
Key questions that your SOP should answer:
- How did you become interested in this field?
- What experiences have contributed toward your preparation for further study in this field?
- What are your research interests?
- How are you a 'match' for the programme to which you are applying? Explain what attracts you most to the institution/program to which you are applying.
- In case of bursary application, justify your need for financial assistance.
- Need to be written on the letter head of the respective organisation/institution where the applicant presently works/studies, or was working/studying.
- By the employer/ line manager/ immediate supervisor of the organisation where the applicant is currently placed or was working with in past.
- On a recent date, presented precisely and professionally.
- They should mention applicant's skills and abilities and comment upon applicant's suitability for the programme and their capacity for combining part-time studies with work related duties
- Applicants currently pursuing full time/ part time programmes can submit the reference letters written either by Head of the Department, or the Dean, or any Professor of respective institute.
- In case you are applying for bursary, your references letters should support your bursary requirements.
- Applicable for members, volunteers and staff of IFRC/RCRC/ICRConly. Trainings programme conducted by IFRC/RCRC/ICRC do not indicate that the applicant is members, volunteers and staff of IFRC/RCRC/ICRC. Please note Joining letter, salary statement from competent authority or Identity proof with photograph and year of affliation will be considered.
- Iinteretsed applicant has to mandatory submit a bursary justification note explaining the need for busrsary and why should the candidate be considered for the partial bursary. Please note the programme does not offer complete bursary, instad partial bursary are offered on merit and means bases to few candidates. To further support your bursary application, the applicant should upload Financial Certificate/Income Certificate/ Statement and recent refernce ltetter that supports the bursary application.
Financial Certificate/Income Certificate/Income Statement/ Statement of income/ Annual Income issued by the competemnt authority is required to ensure that the bursary is granted to the most deserving candidate. We would also accept an official letter signed by the appropriate authority in organisation where the applicant is currently employed. The letter should specify the annual income of the applicant for the preceding financial year. If the applicant is not employed then income statement of guardian/ benefactor will be accepted.
A selection committee comprising of members from TISS and IFRC will select up to 50 qualified including bursaries participants for the Cohort XIII of this course based on merit and relevance. Applicants should have a bachelor's degree or the overseas equivalent, although each application is judged on its own merits and exceptions to this entry requirement may be made for deserving candidate.